|We know you can't wait to get up and running with Explore, so follow along with this article to learn the minimum you'll need to get started with reporting as quickly as possible. Once you've worked through this guide and want to dig deeper, we'll give you lots of pointers to get you started.|
This quick start guide contains the following sections:
- Step 1: Open Explore
- Step 2: Get access
- Step 3: Look at reports
- Step 4: Take things to the next level
Step 1: Open Explore
To open Explore
- In the Zendesk product tray, click Explore.
If it's your first time running Explore, we'll walk you through setting things up. If Explore has been started before, you'll see the dashboards library and can start looking at pre-built reports right away.
Step 2: Get access
Depending on which version of Zendesk Support you are using, the method to get and assign access to Explore differs.
If you're using Support Professional
- On the Explore setting of the People page of Zendesk Support, choose the level of Explore access you want. You might need to get an admin to do this for you.
If you're using Support Enterprise
- If you're a Support admin, you already have admin permissions in Explore. If not, any admin can configure the Explore setting in any Support Enterprise custom role to give the permissions you want.
For more help, see Activating Explore and configuring your access.
Step 3: Look at reports
We've built a bunch of useful reports with many common business scenarios. Here's how to dive in and start looking at them right away.
To look at reports
- In Zendesk Support, open the product tray.
- Click the Explore icon (). Explore opens in the Dashboards library which shows the available dashboards for the Zendesk products you own.
- From the list of dashboards, choose the one you want to view.
Step 4: Take things to the next level
If you're using Explore Professional or a later version, you're just getting started! As well as pre-built reports, you can create, arrange, and share your reports just how you want. See some of these resources to help you get started:
- Find more help getting started with Explore
- If you're looking for some example reports to work through, we have you covered with our extensive collection of Explore recipes
- Once you're ready to dig deeper, discover all of our Explore resources
Please sign in to leave a comment.