|We know you can't wait to get started with Explore, so follow this article to learn the bare minimum you need to start reporting as soon as possible. Once you've finished this guide and want to dig deeper, we've provided you with a number of guides to get you started.|
This Quick Start Guide contains the following sections:
- Step 1: Open Explore
- Step 2: Gain access
- Step 3: Review the report
- Step 4: Take Things to the Next Level
Step 1: Open Explore
In the Zendesk product tray, click Explore.
If this is your first time running Discovery, we'll walk you through the setup. If you previously started exploring, you'll see the Dashboard Gallery and can start viewing pre-built reports right away.
Step 2: Gain access
Depending on which version of Zendesk Support you are using, the method for obtaining and assigning access to Explore varies.
If you use Support Professional
, in the Explore settings on the Zendesk Support page, select the level of access you want to explore. You may need to ask your administrator to do this for you.
If you are using Support Enterprise
, if you are a Support Admin, you already have Admin rights in Explore. If not, any administrator can configure the Explore settings in any Support Enterprise custom role to grant you the required permissions.
Step 3: Review the report
We've built a bunch of useful reports that cover many common business scenarios. Here's how to dig in and start seeing them right away.
1. In Zendesk Support, open the product tray.
2. Click the explore icon ( ). Explore opens in the Dashboards gallery, which displays the available dashboards for the Zendesk products you own.
3. From the list of dashboards, choose the dashboard you want to view.
Step 4: Take Things to the Next Level
If you're using Explore Professional or higher, you're just getting started! In addition to pre-built reports, you can create, arrange and share your reports as needed. See some of these resources to help you get started:
- Find more help getting started with Explore
- If you're looking for some sample reports to work on, we have an extensive collection of recipes to explore
- When you're ready to dig deeper, explore all of our exploration resources